Originating from Chicago, you can be assured Jamie 3:26 is going to deliver genuine house music sound everywhere he goes, whether he is gracing the decks or through his diverse productions and edits. With numerous releases on labels such as Sound Signature, Lumberjacks in Hell and Local Talk and his tireless presence behind the turntables, Jamie 3:26 lives through his music. Read on to find out what his first record was, what would he be doing if he wasn’t DJing and more.
- What is the scariest or weirdest thing that happened during the gig?
I was doing a house party in Chicago and my friend’s wife had to kick someone out and during the scuffle, she was pushed. I had to kill the music while this was going on so I said loudly “Who tries to fight a pregnant woman in her own house?” She wasn’t pregnant…
- Movie/book about electronic music you would recommend?
Book: Last Night A DJ Saved My Life by Bill Brewster
- If you weren’t DJ what would you be?
I worked full time in law as a paralegal assistant for 14 years. I would be back in the legal field and still doing music, as I did then.
- Which musical instrument would you love to play perfectly?
- What was the first vinyl you bought?
Peter Brown – Do you wanna get funky with me?
- Could you pick one track to close the set forever?
Donna McGhee – It Ain’t No Big Thing
- Which musician, dead or alive, would you love to have dinner with?
- One DJ to play b2b till end of your life?
- Which movie character you identify yourself with?
John Shaft from the movie Shaft.
- If you could play in any club in the world which one would it be (open or closed)?
I’ve been blessed to play many places around the world that some dream of rocking and I don’t take that for granted. I would have to go back to my hometown first and mention Medusas, any Music Box location, The Power Plant and The Reactor.Jamie 3:26 will play in Berlin on January 12th at Lumberjacks in Hell label night taking place at Prince Charles.